- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
My wife, Sophie Steenberg, loves macaroons and this is her favourite version of the recipe.
Yorkshire, England, UK
2 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 20 Biscuits
- 125g ground almonds
- 225g caster sugar
- 25g brown rice flour
- 1tsp Steenbergs natural almond extract
- 2 egg whites, stiffly whisked
- split blanched almonds
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Use a metal spoon carefully to fold the ground almonds, caster sugar and rice flour into the stiffly whisked egg whites. Then fold in the Steenbergs natural almond extract.
- Line some baking trays with rice paper and spoon small scoops of the mixture onto the rice paper, leaving plenty of space for each to spread out.
- Put a split almond on top of each macaroon and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut the excess rice paper from the base of each macaroon and leave to cool on a wire rack.