We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
- Courgette side dishes
A family recipe from Australia, this is great hot or cold. Easily varied to make it your own.
Berkshire, England, UK
39 people made this
- 2 large courgette, grated (110g)
- 3 large carrots, grated (about 110g)
- 6 eggs
- 125ml oil (preferrably extra virgin olive oil)
- 150g grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 125g plain flour
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Place grated vegetables, eggs, oil and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add herbs, salt and pepper (although this is "to taste", raw eggs in the mix may be undesired for tasting - but the dish is meant to taste quite "fresh", so a lot of seasoning is not required).
- Slowly add the plain flour, mixing thoroughly as you go. This is to avoid having floury clumps in your slice.
- Pour mix into a suitable oven-proof dish - rectangular lasagne tray is a personal favourite. No need to grease the tray either because of the oil content in the dish.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 to 45 minutes depending on oven. It should be golden and when stabbed with a knife leave a clean blade.
- Either serve immediately with a nice garden salad, or allow to cool and have as a side dish for a barbecue. The choice is yours.
You can add your own mix of herbs and spices or even add different veg or meats to make it your own. It's basically a quiche without the pastry!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (5)
I'm fast disappearing under a mountain of courgettes and the Chucks are doing double time with the egg laying so, perfect recipe. It was easy to make, especially if you have a food processor to do all the grating and it was very yummy. I'm taking it to work for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Beachpixel26.11.14 Keep coming back again and again to make this!-12 Aug 2013
Something quick to tasty up a largish courgette. Perfick!-25 Jul 2016
Mmm yummy I tweaked a bit us could not use to much olive oil-21 Apr 2016