- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is a fab chicken dish the whole family will love. It can also be used as a beautiful pie filling; simply place in a baking dish (or individual ramekins) and cover with puff pastry!
9 people made this
- 360g rice (optional)
- 1kg diced chicken breast
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
- 2 sweetcorn cobs (or 200g frozen sweetcorn)
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250ml cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- If using, cook the rice using your preferred method.
- Coat the diced chicken breast in flour (I place the chicken and flour in a plastic bag and shake it, it's quick and simple.)
- Place oil and chicken in pan over medium high heat and fry until lightly browned. Add leek and cook for further 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add sweetcorn and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer uncovered for further 5 minutes or until it thickens up. Can be served over rice or by itself. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (3)
So easy, with just a few Ingredients. Did worry about lack of salt but the stock cube compensated well. I did add pepper though. Very tasty....will definitely do it again, with maybe a pastry topping.-13 Jan 2014