We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Fantastic shortbread biscuits, which you can cut into any shape. Store in an airtight container.
77 people made this
- 500g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 525g plain flour, sifted
- 75g rice flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar, for dusting
MethodPrep:2hr ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:2hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the sifted flours; press the mixture together with hands to form a firm dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper until 1cm thick. Using a 6cm cutter, cut rounds from dough. Place onto greased baking trays and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until a pale golden colour. Leave the shortbread on the tray for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
I needed to another cup of flour to get the right consistency. I made 50 small shortbread for Christmas from this recipe.-24 Dec 2013(Review from this site AU | NZ)