We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
A cooked gammon is glazed with honey, crystallised ginger and cloves. For best results, baste the ham with the juices quite frequently, about every 15 to 20 minutes.
1 person made this
- 1 (8kg) gammon, cooked (see footnote)
- cloves for decorating
- 550mls water
- 225g honey
- 75g crystallised ginger, coarsely chopped
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place cooked ham in a large roasting tin. Remove the skin, leaving behind a thin layer of fat. Score the ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife; insert cloves in the centre of each diamond.
- To make the glaze, combine water, honey, ginger and brown sugar in small saucepan; heat over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Spoon glaze over the ham and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, basting the ham frequently with the pan juices until ham is golden brown on top.
To cook the gammon:
Place the gammon in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and drain. Return the gammon to the pot, cover the gammon completely with fresh cold water; add some black peppercorns, a few whole cloves and 2 bay leaves to the pot. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then simmer gently for three hours; drain and cool.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Did not have the glacé ginger but used a slightly smaller quantity of Masterfoods finely chopped ginger and was magnificent-29 Dec 2015(Review from this site AU | NZ)