We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Popular collections
- Everyday cooking
These nuts and packed full of flavour. They're great to snack on and do well as food gifts or party nibbles. Simple, delicious and totally moreish.
4 people made this
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 350g mixed nuts (such as almonds, pecans, peanuts, cashews)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Grind the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns and ground turmeric in a spice grinder or food processor to a fine powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the dark brown soft sugar, sea salt and mixed nuts. Stir to combine, then add the olive oil and mix well. Spread the nut blend on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the nuts have coloured a little, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
You can use a mixture of nuts for this recipe, or indeed just one type of nut. Almonds are a great choice all by themselves!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
i made this for pre-christmas lunch nibbles and it was so good. i didnt have a pestal and morter to grind the spices though. so i used a metal bowl and a metal icecream scoop instead : ) took a lot of muscle and wrist movement to grind it up but was worth it.-10 Jan 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)