We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fondue Bourguignonne recipe from of 24-10-2017 [Updated on 28-08-2018]
There fondue Bourguignonne (bourguignon) is a Swiss specialty, which consists in cooking small pieces of meat in boiling oil and then dipping them in the accompanying sauces. The preparation is very easy and fast, but you will need to choose excellent lean meat (preferably sirloin, beef fillet or rump) and use the suitable fondue set.
As for cooking the meat fondue this takes place with long-handled forks (marked with different colors to ensure that each diner recognizes their own) and the times can vary from 30 seconds to 1 minute, according to your personal tastes you can get meat rare or well done.
The recipe is widely used in Piedmont where it is now proposed in restaurants as a local specialty. Preparing it at home is very simple and will give you the opportunity to spend a convivial evening.
Before leaving you to the recipe I give you two tips: dedicate yourself to the preparation of sauces for fondue in advance and cut the meat at the last moment, so as not to lose the tenderness of the meat. Girls, I'm leaving for Bolzano, tomorrow I have a cooking show at the Stuffer headquarters and I am, as always, terrified. In the audience there will be food bloggers and this obviously makes me feel even more anxious. Luckily, however, I will have to cook something with my beloved puff pastry, so it's like playing a little at home at least;) A kiss and we read each other from the train, kisses: *
- Doses for 4 people:
- To fry:
How to make fondue Bourguignonne
Eliminate the fat part from the meat, thus avoiding that oil may splash during cooking.
First cut into strips and then into cubes of about 2-3 cm, the right size not to let it harden and not to prolong cooking times.
Prepare some accompanying sauces, I chose a green sauce, a pink sauce and mayonnaise.
Put the meat on a serving dish, avoiding salting it and making it splash when it is cooking.
Prepare the fondue set, turn on the flame and put the oil in the caquelon.
Transfer everything to the center of the table, so that everyone can skewer their own pieces of meat with forks.
When the oil is boiling, the temperature will have to be around 180 °, everyone can cook, in turn, with a long-handled fork, their own meat and then dip it in the desired sauce.
The piece of meat must be detached from the fork and brought to the mouth with a normal fork.
Your fondue Bourguignonne is ready to be brought to the table.
Piedmontese-style Fondue Bourguignonne
Without prejudice to the Swiss or French origin of the dish, which has long been widespread also in Piedmont, especially in the provinces of Turin and Cuneo, bourguignonne by us Piedmontese is now considered almost like a typical local dish peculiar characteristics are the use of olive oil (instead of seed oil as often happens abroad), the presence of sausage and chicken as well as beef and pork, and the inevitable sauces also used for mixed boiled meat, or bagnet verd and bagnet ross.
La Bourguignonne it is the typical convivial dish: the special set consisting of a stove, saucepan and forks is indispensable.
Ingredients for Piedmontese Bourguignonne Fondue
- veal to taste
- pork to taste
- chicken meat to taste
- frankfurters to taste
- sausages to taste
The alcohol stove is placed in the center of the table and the saucepan filled with hot olive oil and with a potato inside it so that it does not splash. Salad bowls with meat (always cut into chunks) are also brought to the table. The guests pierce the meat with the special forks and put it to cook in oil.
When it is cooked, they throw it on the plate, where they season it with various sauces, and put more in the pot. It is strictly forbidden to lose your own piece of meat, or steal those from others' forks.
Some Piedmontese sauces:
If you liked this recipe, share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
1) To cook the fondue chinoise first marinate the meat. Cut the chicken breast into strips, remove the peel from a piece of ginger root and cut into thin slices. Cut the slices of veal carpaccio and beef in half and arrange the 3 types of meat on a plate. Spread the ginger over the meat, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2) Prepare the noodles. Put the rice noodles for 2 minutes in a bowl with boiling water. Drain them and season with 2 tablespoons of oil. Shell the prawn tails, leaving the tails attached as desired, remove the dark fillet on the back, wash and dry them.
3) Prepare the vegetables. Clean i spring onions, cut the root, remove the outer leaves and cut them into strips. Peel the carrot, wash it, dry it and cut it into strips. Wash and dry the baby spinach.
4) Complete and serve the dish. Pour the boiling broth into the saucepan for the bourguignonne and place it on the stove in the center of the table. Place in front of each diner a plate with the prepared ingredients, a bowl and the sauces of chilli and soy to accompany meat and vegetables. Now let me begin the ritual of fondue chinoise.
In the rite of fondue chinoise guests dip the ingredients into the pot for the bourguignonne, using the appropriate and cheap Chinese strainers. Otherwise, you can have classic Chinese sticks used. When the vegetables, meat and fish are consumed, add them to the broth noodles, cook for 2 minutes and divide them into bowls with a little broth
Meat fondue, all the sauces to accompany it
Once ready, the meat can be accompanied with different sauces like Tartar or Bernese. In Italy the fondue bourguignonne has particularly taken hold in Piedmont where the meat is also served with the classics boiled sauces such as the green bath.
Below in the meat fondue recipe find the preparations of 3 excellent sauces to accompany yours bourguignonne: the tartar sauce, the green sauce and the tapenade sauce. But to these you can easily add some very simple ones to prepare starting from ready-made bases:
- there pink sauce prepared simply by mixing mayonnaise, ketchup and a small part of brandy
- there mustard sauce obtained by mixing mayonnaise and mustard
- there aioli sauce in which the mayonnaise is mixed with the garlic deprived of its core and pounded
In addition to the sauces you can also serve the meat fondue with accompanying vegetables. They are ideal boiled potatoes, but also buttered spinach, one green salad to refresh the palate or other simple side dishes.
Fondue bourguignonne, whose French name suggests its ancient origin in this country, is consumed in the most disparate ways. You can use your favorite toppings: from sour cream with chives to tartar sauce or spicy tomato sauce. The Piedmontese version, for example, uses extra virgin olive oil for cooking meat and also includes the use of other types of meat, such as sausages or pieces of chicken. For the cut of meat the loin is not strictly necessary but you can replace it with walnut, rump, round or fillet. The important thing is that it is a very soft cut of meat that therefore lends itself to the preparation of this recipe and to consumption in small but thick chunks.
For the fondue bourguignonne recipe, deprive the beef fillet (about 150 g per person) of any scraps and skins. Cut it into regular cubes that you will distribute in the appropriate individual saucers, that is those & # 8220a compartments & # 8221 that are on the market just for the bourguignonne. Along with the dishes, there is also a pot of copper, enameled metal or other material and an alcohol stove, to heat it. The tool set also includes a number of long-handled forks for piercing meat.
The pot, placed on the stove, is filled about a third of excellent olive oil and when it is hot, a piece of stale bread or a potato chip is thrown into it, which have a light degreasing function. The diners then dip the pieces of fillet in it in turn, skewered on the forks and keep them there until they have reached the desired cooking point. Once cooked, the meat is dipped in one of the prepared sauces that are placed in the dish compartments.
There are many sauces, including ready-made ones, with which to accompany the bourguignonne, but the most & # 8220 classic & # 8221 are those with tomato, horseradish, mustard, garlic and curry. Tomato sauce: fry in a spoonful of oil, 2 chopped shallots together with a clove of garlic. Add 300 g of tomato puree: add salt and pepper and let it boil for about 30 & # 8242, making the sauce thicken. Serve it hot or cold, flavored with a spoonful of chopped parsley.
Horseradish sauce: whip 200 g of cream in a bowl and add a small piece of horseradish and 2 fresh spring onions finely chopped together, stirring gently. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and, if desired, complete it with chopped chives.
Mustard sauce: in a bowl, mix a jar of yogurt with a spoonful of Dijon mustard and the same amount of mayonnaise. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and top it with chopped mustard grains.
Sauce with garlic: collect in the blender 2 slices of bread soaked in water and well squeezed, 2 cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt. Blend, adding about 200 g of olive oil a little at a time. Complete with a spoonful of vinegar and a spoonful of lemon juice, obtaining a homogeneous sauce.
Curry sauce: dissolve a jar of yogurt with 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 2 of chopped onion, one of brown sugar, one of curry and half of Dijon mustard, mixing well.
Sauces suitable for bourguignonne and chinoise can be comfortably prepared at home. Once ready and arranged in many small containers, the cheerfulness and conviviality of the table will increase. The base from which to start is an excellent mayonnaise. For those who have time and are looking for a better result, they can prepare the mayonnaise at home, everyone else can safely use the ready-made one.
To make the mayonnaise to perfection we can use the classic method or use a little trick that always gives excellent results. The prerequisite is that the egg provided in the recipe and the vegetable oil are very cold. In a container put the egg, 200 ml of seed oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, salt and pepper. Start blending with an immersion blender, taking care to keep it still on the bottom for the first 10 seconds. After this time, it is sufficient to move the appliance slightly to help the sauce achieve a creamy consistency. From this base it is possible to obtain a series of good and appetizing sauces.
The sore mayonnaise
Sore mayonnaise is a very simple variant of the traditional recipe. To the classic ingredients just add 1 generous spoon of mustard and a teaspoon of vinegar. Mix well with the help of an immersion blender until all the ingredients are well blended.
The musketeers mayonnaise
To make this sauce, just add 1 generous tablespoon of chives, 1 chopped shallot and 3 tablespoons of not very acidic white wine to the mayonnaise. It is mixed well and left to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
The ingredients are: mayonnaise, 2 very finely chopped pickled gherkins, 1 finely chopped hard-boiled egg, 1 tablespoon chives, 1 tablespoon of mustard and 1 tablespoon of chopped capers. It is mixed carefully with a small silicone spatula and left to rest in the fridge.
Curry mayonnaise is a simple sauce but rich in nuances given by the precious spicy blend. To make it, just mix 1 tablespoon of high quality curry with the mayonnaise.
Onion tartar sauce
A more decisive variant of the classic tartar sauce which involves the use of raw onion. In a container, mix the mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of chopped capers, 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Add 1 tablespoon of ketchup and 1 teaspoon of Tabasco to the classic basic mayonnaise.
In a large bowl, mix a pinch of saffron, a pinch of smoked paprika and a finely chopped roasted red pepper with the mayonnaise.
Roquefort sauce is ideal for lovers of strong and decisive flavors. To make it, just melt 150 g of Roquefort in the microwave for about two minutes. Once melted, the cheese is emulsified with 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 200 ml of fresh cream.
The bourguignonne sauce is the most elaborate of the sauces seen so far. The necessary ingredients are:
350 ml of red wine
10 g of flour
60 g of butter
1 bay leaf
dry or fresh thyme
some champignon mushrooms (no more than 50 grams)
1 chopped shallot
Put the red wine in a steel pot together with the chopped shallots and mushrooms. Add the thyme and bay leaves and reduce over low heat. Sieve all the ingredients and tie the sauce over low heat with the butter and flour.
The yogurt sauce for bourguignonne is ideal for those who do not like too rich and elaborate preparations. The base consists of Greek yogurt to which 1 teaspoon of chives, 1 of parsley, 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion, salt and freshly whipped pepper are added.
Fondue With Meat And Vegetables
- Choose carefully the meat that must be lean and tender, cut it into small pieces, get corn oil and of course the special saucepan and forks.
- Prepare the vegetables for a pinzimonio, which will pleasantly interrupt the flavor of the meat.Cut the fennel into wedges, scrape the carrots and cut them vertically into quarters, clean the radishes, the heart of a white celery, the Belgian endive cut in quarters.
- Collect the diced meat in a bowl and the ready vegetables in another bowl and prepare the sauces.
- Enrichetta sauce: shell the hard-boiled eggs and mash the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Salt and add the oil to obtain a smooth paste.
- When the sauce is whipped, add the juice of half a lemon, pepper, parsley, capers, anchovies, 2 spring onions and the finely chopped egg whites.
- Aiolà: prepare a mayonnaise and at the end crush or mince 2 cloves of garlic, incorporating them gently.
- Pink sauce: prepare a mayonnaise and at the end add 1 tablespoon of Rubra sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon of mustard, 2 tablespoons of brandy and 1/2 cup of cream.
- Mustard sauce: dilute 1/2 jar of mustard with the juice of 1/2 lemon, add, slowly pouring, 1/2 glass of oil.
- When you have obtained a thick sauce, add the parsley and finely chopped capers.
- Enjoy your meal!
Fondue Bourguignonne: FraGolosi's recipe
Ingredients, Step-by-Step Preparation and Advice
The recipe is included in these collections:
BOUGUIGNONNE FONDUE SERVICE OR SET
- a saucepan made of copper, cast iron or other material with a narrow mouth, to prevent splashes of hot oil from escaping
- an alcohol stove, or even an electric one
- a set of long forks with typically wooden handles, but also plastic ones, with inserts of different colors on the top that will prevent them from being confused among the diners.
Find out how to prepare an excellent meat-based Fondue Bourguignonne. Recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
600 g of beef tenderloin (or even a combination of the different types of meat mentioned above), 500 ml of peanut oil, sauces.
Start by preparing the sauces.
Usually the sauces to be used as an accompaniment to Fondue Bourguignonne there are at least 6:
This will allow diners to vary their taste often and make dinner very pleasant.
Then remove all the fibrous filaments from the meat (if the cut is good they will be very few).
Cut it into cubes of about 2.5 cm per side.
Pour l & # 8217oil in the saucepan and heat it on the stove in the kitchen and only when it is hot transfer it to the special tripod with the alcohol stove lit underneath.
The flame will hold the temperature for at least an hour or more.
Then begin to immerse i pieces of meat in oil.
Keep them immersed for the time necessary for them to reach the degree of cooking you prefer, then dip them in the various sauces.
Accompany the Bourguignonne Fondue with red wine.
There fondue Bourguignonne there fondue with bourguignonne it is an exquisite second dish of meat, very tasty and decidedly convivial of Swiss origin. These are small pieces of mixed meat (beef, chicken, pork etc) which are cooked personally by each diner & # 8220tuffando & # 8221 the meat stuffed on special skewers in a small stove full of seed oil and then accompanied by creamy and tasty sauces .
I guess it shows from the invoice dated of mine stove which for me is a long-standing preparation because we have cooked and re-cooked it a thousand times in the past with my ex-husband and all our old friends.
It is a very common recipe in France and Italy especially in Piedmont paired with full-bodied wines of which the region is famous throughout the world.The Piedmontese they combine it with their sauce for boiled meat such as bagnet vert and bagnet vert while I more simply added two sauces, one based on mustard and a tartar sauce. To your liking, the classic ketchup sauce, the rubra sauce, the barbecue sauce are also delicious!
The most used meat is beef(to be cooked quickly at least for me) but pork and chicken are also widely used cut them into cubes of the same size and set up a central dish as a common centerpiece or if you already know the tastes of your guests, prepare individual dishes by increasing the quantities of your friends' favorite meat.
LITTLE TIPS FOR FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE
- The pieces of meat they must be cut at the moment everything must be very fresh
- try to slice the meat into not too big cubes(they would take time to cook but not too small would become dry and inedible) let's consider 2 x 2 cm per side
- use a seed oil that does not alter the taste of the meat too much
- it is very important that the cooking oil is at the right temperature, that is 180 ° C
- remember that the fondue Bourguignonne it is a & # 8220lento & # 8221 dish that allows or expects chat, smiles and dialogues so enjoy it to the fullest
- so as not to make the oil blacken put a small potato in the bottom of the stove,
- the stove for the fondue bourguignonne it turns on using alcohol or fuel gel and please pay attention.
For the fondue Bourguignonne a special stove is used, also equipped with long forks and with the possibility of dosing the strength of the flame (by opening or closing the side holes) which heats the oil and allows the meat to be cooked.
SIGN UP FOR FAST NOTIFICATIONS TO RECEIVE THE RECIPE OF THE DAY… THANK YOU!