We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Slow cooker beef
Packed with protein, vitamins and minerals, this broth made from roasted beef bones is so nourishing and it tastes delicious. Use for soups and stews.
15 people made this
- 1.4Kg beef bones, or more to taste
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- cold water to cover
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- coarse sea salt to taste
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:8hr25min ›Ready in:8hr50min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with foil; spread beef bones out on prepared baking tray.
- Roast bones in the preheated oven until browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place carrots, celery, onion, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Place roasted bones over vegetables; pour in enough cold water to cover bones. Add apple cider vinegar and sea salt.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours. Pour broth through a fine sieve into a bowl and discard any strained solids.
You can skim the froth that forms at the surface of this broth as it cooks, but there's no real reason to do so. Do this only if you must have a clear broth. Otherwise, keep it in and keep the health benefits.
Slow cooker bone broth
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (14)
by Valerie Kurtz
I used this recipe, but cooked it 48 hours as most bone broth recipes call for. It was very good and "gelled" perfectly when chilled. I'm making it again as I type! May add a few more spices/herbs for extra flavor. But it was very good as the recipe states.-30 May 2015
Wonderful! Tomato paste and vinegar works so well. I made per recipe only changing Swanson's Beef Broth in place of water. Left slow cooker on simmer all night. The bones from supermarket had lots of meat so the result is a very tasty vegetable beefy bone broth. This is a keeper for me as husband asked me to make (he's ill) and I didn't think I would like it but I've had three bowls today - soooo good.-07 Apr 2016